Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Back to Billfaster

Today was a work day from 9-5. 5-6 was dinner time. 6 until now has been a continuation of my work day. I'm very tired. While today has been less fun than my weekend was, it is still very fulfilling and I'm glad I can be of service to Billfaster. Essentially, we are putting together a full marketing plan and financial analysis for the company regarding some new route-to-market strategies we have devised and hope to implement. Again, I won't go into to much detail in the interest of BF's privacy, but I'm feeling optimistic about the work we have done so far.

Tomorrow is our last work day here, and I'm actually really sad about that. I have really enjoyed being a part of BF's team and getting the opportunity to apply what I have learned in school to the real world. It has definitely made me think about what I really want to do when I graduate. Up until now, I had thought about going the very traditional route for major, i.e. getting an internship with a big financial firm, doing well enough to become an analyst after graduation, working 100 weeks to cut my teeth in the financial world, and just run that race for a while.

But I don't know anymore. I really love the start-up company environment. There is so much energy and creativity and passion with start-ups. The risk is very high, but so are the rewards and the prospect of being my own boss and seeing a project through from conception to end is extremely appealing. It's definitely something I will have to consider as I enter my last undergraduate year.

No comments:

Post a Comment