Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Last Day at Billfaster!

Well, today was our last day working at billfaster. It's been quite the experience; there have been some stressful times, but also some really excellent learning opportunities. Going out on your own and starting a business has got to be one of the most terrifying things you can do. It takes a lot of heart and courage, two things that Chantel and Rod have in spades. It has been a pleasure working with these leaders.

Over these past two weeks, I've also had to opportunity to work closely with my team mates, Patrick and Allie, which has been amazing. I am so glad that undergrad and grad students were mixed together on this trip; Patrick has been a really great role model through this process and I've learned a lot from working with him. He brought a ton of great data, financial, and marketing savvy to our group from all his experience, and we could not have done it without him! Allie was also great to work with; she is funny, open to ideas, asks great questions, and used her contacts to help us get input from a bookkeeper on what they like about accounting software. I think we all worked really well together and produced a deliverable we can all be proud of.

Tomorrow is my last day in Dublin, and I'm really sad to leave! It's been a fabulous experience and has changed my perspective on so many things. I definitely have the travel bug now and hopefully will be able to go on another trip in the coming year!

No comments:

Post a Comment